Grandpa, you say: that Kid’s box is nice and all, but I am a hardcore retro gamer. I spent most of my youth in arcades, and cut my teeth on the original Game Boy. I had systems most of my friends never heard of, like the Intellivision and TurboGrafx-16. I want all the best stuff from the 80s and 90s, not just some of it. Well, Grandpa’s got your back. The Grandpa Box, formerly the Loaded, has over 1000 Arcade games as well as 19 other platforms, over 7000 games in all. Like all of Grandpa’s systems, all you need is a TV, I provide the rest. You get:
- ~ Raspberry Pi 4 computer, case and Power supply
- ~ 128 GB Micro SD card running the Retropie software
- ~ Fully configured system, ready to play.
- ~ 7500 games, from 20 different platforms
- ~ Superior User Interface.
- ~ View artwork, description, and other data for each game.
- ~ Included HDMI cable
- ~ Two wired XBox style controllers. Wireless available for a small upcharge.
- ~ Detailed instruction manual, with links to online sources
- ~ 90 day product replacement guarantee.
- ~ Access to email support with any questions or concerns.
The following systems are installed on a Loaded box:
- ~ Arcade — 1737 games
- ~ Atari 2600 — 364 games
- ~Atari 7800 — 60 games
- ~ Colecovision — 209 games
- ~Daphne (Laserdisc games) — 13 games
- ~ Game Gear — 251 games
- ~ Game Boy — 615 games
- ~ Game Boy Advance — 386 games
- ~ Game Boy Color — 460 games
- ~ Intellivision — 146 games
- ~ Sega Genesis — 781 games
- ~ NES — 792 games
- ~ Nintendo 64 — 239 games (limited support, see below)
- ~ SNES — 727 games
- ~Sega 32X — 34 games
- ~ Sega CD — 140 games
- ~ Sega Master System — 289 games
- ~ TurboGrafx16 — 252 games
- ~ Vectrex — 33 games
- ~Magnavox Odyysey 2 — 98 games
*The N64 is a very difficult system to emulate. While most of the games play acceptably, some have slowdowns, choppy audio, or other issues. For a breakdown of which N64 work well and which have issues, click here
Grandpa Retro Box
The Grandpa Retro Box is designed for the person who loves everything about classic gaming from the 8, 16 and 32 bit eras. The Retro Box fits in the palm of your hand, yet contains 7500 of the greatest video games ever made from 16 different platforms.
For a complete list of games on the Grandpa Box, click here